Life in AngersAngers is located in the heart of Loire Valley, on the banks of the Maine River, and about 300 km southwest of Paris. It is both a cultural and agricultural hub in France. You can enjoy some of the best foods, visit several of France’s most famous chateaux, and wander through beautiful, meticulously landscaped parks. Angers has a vibrant nightlife of dining, sightseeing, music and other activities.
There are also numerous outdoor activities to participate in, such as rowing, running, kayaking, hiking, and swimming. And being just 90 minutes from Paris via the TGV, it’s easy to visit the capital city.
Here are some more details about what’s available to students in Angers.
- La Maine River (running, hiking, cycling, rowing)
- Lac de Maine (wind surfing, sailing, running, walking, cycling, swimming, sunbathing)
- Parc St. Nicolas (running and hiking)
- La Loire à Vélo (cycling along the Loire River)
Music & Film
- Le Quai Theater
- Chabada music venue
- 400 Coups Cinema
- Premiers Plans Film Festival
- Bars and clubs (lively and condensed downtown)
- Charming boutiques
- Large chains (H&M, Zara, United Colors of Benetton)
over and out.