About Me

My photo
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be. Shel Silverstein

Friday, January 14, 2011

Come let's mix where Rockefellers walk with sticks or um-ber-ellas in their mitts: Puttin' on the Ritz

Date Night:
Tonight is Ethan and I's last "fancy" date night before school starts and I am extremely excited about it. We analyzed our love languages the other night and realized that quality time is high on both of our lists. SO, we made a post new-year's resolution to be intentional about spending special quality time together. We are going to see the much anticipated Blue Valentine starring Michelle Williams and Ryan Gosling that I have been writing about in most of my recent blog posts. It's a heart breaking love story written and directed by the extremely talented Derek Cianfrance, and Blue Valentine is only his second film! Both actors are up for Golden Globes and Satellite awards for the film and one of my favorite bands, Grizzly Bear, is very prevalent in the sound track. I am SO excited! Anyways, to add excitement onto excitement, we are going to see it at the Alamo Drafthouse: The Ritz which is on 6th Street downtown. I decided to surprise Ethan by purchasing the only slightly more expensive balcony seats but I couldn't keep it a surprise and told him already. BUT these balcony seats are supposed to be amazing. There are two separate balconies, each with room for two couples. Each couple gets a RECLINING love seat, a private waiter, and the best view of the screen. I will have to blog when I get home about not only the movie, but the balcony!


Day Three: Ten
Last night, I was skyping with one of my good friends Chelsey and I was telling her how I was about ready to give up on this whole "Ten" challenge, at least the clothing part of it. There is some sort of angst inside of me that wants to rebel against something I am being forced to do, apparently even if it is self-inflicted. I am pressing on though, despite my reluctance. Finding this stubbornness and lack of commitment to a challenge, especially so early on, is really disheartening BUT I will not give up! I am slowly learning what this challenge is going to do for me and am anxious to see the ending results. Today, I dressed up a little bit more since it is date night after all. I wore my dark jeans with my over the knee faux-suede black boots. I decided on my over sized white tee, belted with one of my favorite belts from Forever 21 and gold jewelry. Since it is still cold out, I have a black swing style sweater and some grey JCrew gloves.

1 Corinthians 13: 1-3

If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but do not have love, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but do not have love, I would be nothing. If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but do not have love, I would have gained nothing.


over and out

No comments: