About Me

My photo
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be. Shel Silverstein

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Marathon

Schedule:

Monday: Work 9:00- 3:00, Homework 4:00- whenever its done
Tuesday: School 8:00- 5:00, Homework until dinner, Lazy time until bed
Wednesday: Work 9:00- 3:00, Homework 4:00-7:00, Bible Study 7:00ish-10:00ish
Thursday: School 8:00- 5:00, Homework until dinner, Lazy time until bed
Friday: Work 9:00- 12:00, Homework 1:00-4:00, Date night with Ethan
Saturday: SLEEP (and some quality blogging), Night out with friends
Sunday: Church 11:00-12:30, Nap, Homework, Blogging, Sleep

My weeks, my days now seem like little marathons, pacing my self to get through the next class so I can get through the next day so I can get through the next week so I can get through... I don't want to live like that, where everything I do is just another step to something else or something I just need to get through. I haven't figured out how to accomplish that just yet, but I am praying about it.

Nevertheless, I can't escape that I am busy. And by the time I get home everyday, I am exhausted. So my blogs will either be really short, photo-blogs, or just nonexistent on the weekdays. I seem to be always tired actually. But, I did add a Biotin supplement to my regular daily multivitamin and have been replacing green tea for my usual choices of coffee and diet coke, and I was nicely surprised by how much energy I had yesterday. Biotin is the B vitamin that metabolizes your food into energy, so instead of relying on caffeine to keep me awake, I was actually getting my energy from the food I was eating, which is the whole purpose of eating to begin with. Biotin also makes your nails, hair, and skin really healthy :)

First Day at School:
The excitement of the first day of school never seems to go away for me. I love getting all organized and buying school supplies. I actually like to do my homework in a timely manner during the first two weeks of school. Why can't I keep that up for the remaining 13 weeks? Give me inspiration and determination or give me summer. My classes are all very.. interesting this semester. I'll post more about them this weekend.





Mini Lesson:

Matthew 11:28-30
Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”

No matter how tired I get though, Jesus will always provide me with enough strength to do His work. The burden He gives us is light, not because its easy or simple, but because He puts the strength in us to accomplish His will.

Mark 11:22-24
“Have faith in God,” Jesus answered. “Truly[f] I tell you, if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be done for them. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours."

This isn't a verse telling us to pray that God would give us all our desires, rather a verse about praying for the tools to accomplish what God wants us to whenever we doubt our own abilities. "I can't live my life like Jesus right now because I am broken in my own sin." "I can't live like Jesus because I am so busy and exhausted ALL the time." Pray for the peace, strength, and determination that you need. Pray for it with faith in God and in yourself and pray for it genuinely, and He will provide.

over and out.

No comments: